|Belpre City Schools is one of 538 districts in the state of Ohio participating in the federal Race to the Top Grant (RttT). The grant will provide $400 million to be used to accomplish Ohio’s goals.|
Ohio’s RttT goals include:
- Expanded data systems
- Meaningful teacher and principal evaluations
- Implementation of clearer and deeper academic standards, curriculum and assessments
- Turning around the lowest performing schools
The plan contains specific goals-to close achievement gaps, accelerate achievement compared to other states and to improve college and career ready students. Each school district has developed its own plan to reach these specific, measurable outcomes. One main focus of our district this year is to use student and class data to improve instruction. Teachers will meet every Wednesday for 50 minutes after school to analyze data and plan intervention/or to participate in professional learning communities to learn about best instructional practices. To learn more about this project, visit the RttT-Ohio website:
|Teacher Incentive Fund (TIF)|
Belpre City Schools is one of twenty-three school districts in the state of Ohio that is participating in the Ohio-Teacher Incentive Fund grant. This is the second year of the grant. The first year focused on securing a district coordinator along with forming a local committee to design a strategic compensation plan. Four goals have been established that the professional staff will be working toward this year. If the goals are reached, monetary payouts, with funds provided by the federal government, will be awarded in October 2012. The goals are tied to the district Race to the Top goals. The district will evaluate the plan throughout the year reflecting on the strong points and looking at ways to improve upon the others. The staff will continue to learn about strategic compensation models and ways that the current plan can be sustained once the funding from the grant is no longer available. Teachers will rely on collaborative efforts to think creatively to solve these issues. Belpre TIF goals include:
1. Recognize Student Growth: Achieve one of the following building goals-BHS 70% of LRC Indicators and/or 92.2% or greater of PI. BE-70% on LRC Indicators and/or94.2% or greater on PI.
2. Building District Capacity-Profession Development-100% of participation in PD related to Formative Instructional Practices and Implementation.
3. Recognizing Student Growth-At least 67% of BE and 60% of BHS of individual teacher Value-Added reports at or above expected level.
4. Fostering Student Growth
For more information visit theBattelle for Kids Website. Click on the TIF link.